Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm in charge of my own happiness!


It’s the beginning of a new year, and for most of us it marks the start of a new chapter in our life … one which we hope will have a happy ending. What do most of us hope for at the start of a new year? The most common wishes are for health, wealth, happiness and love. And yes, I’ve received many well-intended wishes of “May you find the man of your dreams this year”.

My love life right now is non-existent and I really don’t know if I need one. It just seems that all the good men are taken or married. And I have met quite some interesting ones who might be great to date, but when it comes to love, it has to be the right guy; someone who’s romantic, intelligent, with a sense of humour and really, personality overrules good looks for me.

But for now, romance can wait. I have different priorities. Life is too short to waste time and I intend to savour and enjoy each moment of it. I want to forget issues of the past and focus on the present and the future. I want to stop being envious of others and be thankful for who I am and what I have. I want to spend more time with my friends and loved ones because I know they will always be there for me.

I want to stop dreaming and start doing. I want to seriously pursue my ambition of writing a book and seeing it published. I want to travel and see the world. I want to smile and laugh more. I want to do something good for others. I want to wake up each morning and thank God for yet another beautiful day.

No, this is not a New Year resolution but merely creating my own happiness and taking charge of my life. Yes, I believe this is going to be a good year indeed!

9 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Good to see you're back to blogging. Welcome back!

Lady Patsy said...

Ha ha ha ... Thanks. Just do me a favour and bug my life if you don't see new postings ok.

coffeerox said...

hey I have several ideas for your book.

Do I get a credit mention if you end up using my idea?

^__^

Unknown said...

Maybe one of your resolutions madam is to keep updating. Last post before this was in May. Like helloooooo??? You think JK Rowling's publishers will wait that long?? :P

J.T. said...

Hey Miss I am in Charge of my own happiness ... hehehe
On behalf of Julie and myself, we are reminding you (and trying not to be boss of you) to START BLOGGING!!! It has been more than a month.

On a serious note, good to see that you have plans for move ahead and not look back.

J.T. said...

Hey Miss I am in Charge of my own happiness ... hehehe
On behalf of Julie and myself, we are reminding you (and trying not to be boss of you) to START BLOGGING!!! It has been more than a month.

On a serious note, good to see that you have plans for move ahead and not look back.

J.T. said...

Oh dear ... I don't know how my comment appeared twice. Apologies for that. I don't really want to sound like I am pushing you. :D

Daphne Ling said...

Hi Pat,

It's been a while since I came here, and since we chatted. Nice post! I know, it's belated, but those are the things I wanna do too...Wake up everyday and just be thankful, for one.

See you around. Hope all's well...

*BIG hug*

Thomas C B Chua said...

Lady Patsy, hold your happiness in your own hands and you will never miss it. You sound like someone who loves life. Excellent. Welcome to the club. Life is for the living. One has a lot of time to be dead. I will be among the first to buy your book with your signature, of course.