Sunday, June 24, 2007

We all need a little magic


Yours truly was busy these couple of weeks in the world of Harry Potter. I had to persuade my nephew to lend me the entire collection and just managed to finish all 6 books today. Yeah, yeah I know … most of you are over and done with it and are eagerly awaiting the so-called final book which should be out next month.
Well, don’t forget that I’m the Queen of Procrastination, plus I’m the type of person who likes all the hype to die down before I venture into something … why be one the crowd?
Anyway I must say that I enjoyed the stories despite the fact that some of us have been warned by certain religious authorities of the evil lurking behind them. To me, they are just stories – something to while the time away and yes, maybe even a brief opportunity to escape into a world of fantasy.
How many of us have wished when things go wrong as they often do, that we had those little wands that we could use to make everything right again. How many of us wished that we could have a little “magic” to have that “oh so perfect life that we dreamed of”.
Yes, we could all do with a little bit of “magic” in our lives, and believe me its possible if we put our minds to it. I’m not talking about the “magic” of wizards, witches and fairies but I’m talking about the “magic” that resides in each one of us.
I’m talking about the magic of kindness, the magic of generosity, the magic of friendship, the magic of love, the magic of honesty, the magic of reaching out … and the list is endless.
If we can make just one person feel better by using the magic inside us, then we have certainly achieved a lot – we can erase loneliness, we can take away pain, we can bring joy, we can fill hearts with hope.
So who says we needs wands and spells to fill our lives with magic? We have the power, use it wisely and unselfishly – we could all use a little magic in our lives.

4 comments:

winniethepooh said...

Im looking forward to seeing the final sequel of Harry Potter :)
When young, I'm fascinated by David Copperfield, now fascinated by Criss Angel..

yes lady patsy, u're right, we each has a little magic in us, waiting for us to 'wave our wand of those magic' hidden somewhere in our heart :)

have a great week lady patsy

J.T. said...

Oh! You're back. So nice to hear from you again. :)

Harry Potter huh? Religious authorities are always warning us about so many things. Remember Da Vinci's Code? hehe

Yes, we could all do with some "magic" in our lives. So agree with that.

Lady Patsy said...

Hey, I never left ... he he he. Was just busy with a couple of stuff. Yup am sure that both you and me could do with a little "magic" right now. Hope all goes well at your end.

Ms J said...

oh, what a lovely entry! i wish you can give your perspective on 'the magic of good' to those religious bigots with tunnel visions.
nice read! :-)
i have read none of the harry potter book and my hubby's potty over harry potter.