Sunday, April 29, 2007

Chambers Refurbished, Men Smiling

(by J.T. of Jacqui's Curve)

Lady Patsy is on hiatus - trying to complete and submit her income tax forms and doing some editorial stuff. I was kind of bored. So I asked Lady Patsy if I could do something to her blog. I felt that my last job on it was getting a bit "basi" (stale) for my eyes. She agreed and said, "Get creative woman. Do what you want."

Yippee! I finally found something to do on a Sunday afternoon. While Lady Patsy tackled her important matters in Kuala Lumpur, I was happily playing around with colours, pictures and fonts in Germany.

So ma' lady, I present to you the finished product - complete with an entry. I am not sure if it is pleasing to the reader's eyes but I tried my best.

When I showed the Lady of the Chambers a draft earlier, she approved the font size. She likes it. It's bigger. I can understand that. Lately, we have been complaining about our so-called growing (old) pains. Our eyesights are getting worse. Bladders are weaker - resulting in our frequent trips to the bathroom after midnight. I can remember when both of us did not have these complaints. We were in our 20s. It was a confusing time for us. We were trying to figure out life, love and men.

The first time I met Lady Patsy was back in 1992. We were preparing for a singles weekend organised by the church. Pat and I were chosen to be part of the panel of presenters. We shared our life experiences based on topics set out for the weekend. She was somewhat a veteran at presentations having done previous singles weekends. I was a rookie. It was comforting to have a friend like Pat during an intense weekend. Sharings were deep and it stirred a lot of emotions. We continued to share a lot more after the weekend and years thereafter. We had a lot of good times and bad. We saw each other through it all.

I asked Pat today, "What shall I blog for you?"

She said, "Anything lah"

"That's not good. Give me a topic, woman." We threw ideas back and forth. As I sit here, I still have no idea what to write.

So, if I have no idea what to write, I might as well share something from Cosmopolitan magazine . Yes, I do buy this magazine every now and then. It is informative. ;)
In fact, Lady Patsy started me on a Cosmo diet. I never knew about it until she shared the magazine with me umpteeth years ago.

The topic (and always the Lady's and my favourite) - MEN.
The subject - How To Put A Smile On His Face....

Making your guy light up doesn't have to take tons of effort. If he's in need of a little ego stroking, try these tips.

1. Let him save the day. Due to their provider instincts, "men feel important when they can help you," says Susan Rabin, author of Lucky In Love. Make him your go-to guy when you want advice on handling a sticky work situation or when your car is making a funny noise.

2. Brag about him. When you're around friends, tell everyone about his amazing chili recipe or how his bod blows David Beckham's away. "It's huge for his self esteen when you show him off," says Allen Berger, PhD, author of Love Secrets Revealed. Plus, it proves that you notice what's special about him.

3. Make him feel desired. "What turns a guy on most is being wanted sexually," says Berger. Try a line "I can't wait to get you into bed.' or suggest something new in the sack. Says Berger, "It shows that you value your sex life and want to keep it exciting."


My work is done here and I am off to make a man smile. ;)


Posted by J.T. of Jacqui's Curve

Sunday, April 29, 2007


13 comments:

Lady Patsy said...

Hey JT. Thanks for the new look and the posting. That part about 'putting a smile on his face' ... well maybe if I was still in my 20s that would have been a priority. Nowadays, its "Guys you gotta earn it". Hmmm ... guess that explains why I'm still single!
But I still read Cosmo for the heck of it.

Kak Teh said...

Hi Lady Patsy, came here via J.T. You're lucky to have someone to do your blog. It is indeed pleasing to the eyes.

Lady Patsy said...

Hi Kak Teh,

Thanks for dropping by. I have been visiting your blogs as well, just never had the time to leave my mark ... will do so in the future. Yeah I'm really lucky to have my own Creative Director ... what will I do without her?

J.T. said...

Lady Patsy - I am glad you like the new look. I am still waiting for your "Last Post". Looks like I will never see it, huh?

And Pat, if I may? Need to say something to Kak Teh.
Kak, thank you for the compliment. Nice to know the colour works.

Lady Patsy said...

JT, Don't worry ... the last post will appear (some day). Don't forget - I am the Queen of Procrastination - so I do have a reputation to maintain you know.
Btw I hope Kak Nur will be back to visit us soon, now that the Ijok by-elections are over!

silversarina said...

Hi Lady Patsy,

I hopped from j.t... such a very nice and soothing blog indeed....

Nice n3s too :)

Lee said...

Hi Lady Patsy and JT, love your blog. Here's my 25 cents contribution: HOW TO IMPRESS A WOMAN:
1. Compliment her, 2. cuddle her, 3. kiss her, 4. caress her, 5. love her, 6. stroke her, 7. tease her, 8. comfort
her, 9. protect her, 10. hug her, 11. hold her, 12. spend money on her, 13. wine & dine her, 14. buy things for her, 15. listen to her, 16. care for her, 17. stand by her, 18.
support her, 19. go to the ends of the earth for her....

HOW TO IMPRESS A MAN: 1.Show up naked. 2. Bring beer.
You guys have a great day. UL.

Idham said...

:) hai lady patsy...uwaaaaa....jeles lah i..hehehehe...

so nice one lah ...and J T not only talented, but so kind hearted too!

come back la lady...let JT also help with the income tax...

*grinning*

Arif

Lady Patsy said...

Hi Loveujordan, Welcome and thanks for the compliments - we have JT Martin to thank as well.

U.Lee - where have you been all my life? You sound like my ideal dream guy :-)

Arif, jangan lah jeles - I bagi you permission to "hijack" my best friend sekali-sekala ... tapi jangan nakal-nakal tau. And yes, I will be back soon ... either tonight or tomorrow. Have something interesting brewing in what's left of my brains, after going through all those numbers .. thank God Income Tax forms come in only once a year!

Lee said...

Hi Lady Patsy, oh gosh! How I love that word 'lady' infront of your name. Lots of potential that, heh heh.
Hey, thanks for your ego boosting...minum ayer-sejok compliments. Regret I'm already booked by 4 women. Arhaaa ha ha. just kidding, how nice if like that, huh?
Wa, I see you doing income tax. Smile, ada income tax means your bank manager happy with you. No income tax? That means maybe that fellow wearing white sarong half way up his knees carrying umbrella waiting to see you behind the mango tree, holding small book. Ha ha.
Still got stress after completing your income tax?
Okay, here's a smile for you Lady Patsy. Oh gosh, sure love the 'lady' name. Cannot try 007 techniques here. No ruf stuff.

Definitions:
What's the difference between stress, tension and panic? Stress is when wife is pregnant, Tension is when girlfriend is pregnant, and Panic is when both are pregnant.

You have a great day, Lady Patsy. Ul.

J.T. said...

Pat, you mean you are almost done with income tax? Yippee...
It has been fun refurbishing your Chambers. While I was there, I took the liberty of making myself a hot cup of coffee (I like my coffee like my men) and grabbed one of your John Grisham novels. Dei! you still owe me a few more. I will never forget the day you deprived me of my John Grisham fix. I did not think you would beat me to the shop in Central Market and buy all of his books!

I see Encik Arif made his way to your Chambers (ok, that did not sound right.hehehehe) Thanks for "warning" him. ;)

Ah... wonderful U.Lee has been here. Did he try to bribe you with kueh bingka? He wanted to get some of my secrets out of you.
U.Lee, don't let the title Lady fool you. This woman packs a punch.

Idham said...

:) ahh...cosy, warm and so welcoming - what a lovely chambers u have lady...

and thanks for sharing - good friends are few and hard to find. So when one is here - one is to be cherished.

arif.

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

Hi Lady Patsy :o)
Nice blog! JT did a great job :o) It feels good to see such good friends doing nice things for each other :o)