Sunday, April 8, 2007

That special someone

Often we meet someone who just seems to fit quite nicely in our lives. We fall into a comfortable relationship as if we have known that person for a lifetime. I too have found such a person who just walked into my life one day and continued to stay even when others left and went away. She knows my innermost secrets and never once has she judged me or turned me away – she has accepted me for who I am, warts, flaws and all. I’d like to dedicate this to my best friend, Jacqueline Tegjeu Martin just to say a big thank you for all the years of unselfish friendship.

*******************************************************

Yes, I know we’re different, but she’s my close friend - my best friend.

I love to hear her stories, she’s so animated, so verbally colourful. When she talks I listen and laugh till I cry.

I love to watch her with people. She touches when she talks, drawing some near, turning some off. Her vocabulary is vulnerable, open, at times offensive to the less open. And she always steals the show – the life of the party.

Her eyes reflect her love of life, her exuberant spirit, her heart. What a heart! When she loves, she loves deeply, loudly ….

God I know you must really love her, too. You created her. You know her best.
Thank you for my friend. She says so many things that I can’t find the words to express. She makes our every meeting a fiesta. She gives me so much of herself.

Yes, I know she’s different. But she’s burrowed in my heart and I want her to stay.

9 comments:

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

lady patsy,

Oh my! to have someone "pen" something like that about me....
what lovely words. what a tribute.
JT is so lucky to have you and you, her.
If i didnt know any better, i'd have thought that those words were coming from a man!

take care
and stay loving and giving!

J.T. said...

Lady Patsy, my life-long and "bestest" friend in the whole wide world. Thank you so much for a magnanimous tribute of love and friendship. I was actually moved to tears. Thank you, "chweetie".

Lady Patsy said...

Here's something funny Nuraina - JT and I are so close and comfortable with each other that we loved going off on short holidays together, so much so that people used to wonder whether we actually had 'something' going on. Just to set the record straight - we are hot blooded women who lust after men. I'm sure that there are many people out there who have a best friend in their life - someone who is a soul mate of sorts. I guess I'm lucky to have found mine - and though we are countries apart, our friendship remains as close as ever.

*****************************

JT, I would not exchange you for all the diamonds in the world. You are worth much much more to me girlfriend.

J.T. said...

Pat, you are as rare as a pink diamond,that can't be bought or exchanged, in my world.

You know, I thought of the same thing and wanted to comment on that but you beat me to it - about some people wondering if we actually had "something" going on during the holiday trips. Hate to disappoint them. We love men!

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

Lady Patsy

Somehow that is not unfamiliar to me. I have had people asking about my very close relationship with a girfriend whom i've known since forever.
but let me ask this... why don't people bat an eyelid if a guy goes "male-bonding" like go on a vacation with another guy?
or do they?

anyway, i think you both have a wonderful relationship.

lady patsy, perhaps you should register with this blog called Blogher -- where women bloggers meet. check it out. google blogher and you will find the site.


AND JT -- if you are reading this, register with BLOGHER too!

Lady Patsy said...

Thanks Nuraina ... you are indeed like a breath of fresh air into my life and I'm sure JT feels the same way too. You are always so positive, upbeat and wise. I'm so glad that our paths have crossed and thanks for the info on blogher, will check it out.

J.T. said...

Nuraina, male bonding... hmm... after I saw Brokeback Mountain, I am beginning to wonder. I will look into Blogher. Sounds like a good place for women to bond.

Pat, I was honoured when Nuraina dropped by to check out my blog. And she keeps coming back. That motivates me. Thank you Nuraina.

Lady Patsy said...

Speaking of male bonding, check out the Indonesian and Bangladeshi men in our country. They have no qualms about walking down the street holding hands (seriously!!) And I really don't think they are 'gay'.

As for Kak Nuraina, I think she's 'adopted' us JT. Thank you Big Sister.

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

lady patsy and JT,

oh dear, oh dear.

how sweet you both adik2 are. I feel like a real kakak.

dear me, i really dont know what to say... will a simple thank you do?

let me just say that i like visiting your blogs because they are interesting and inspiring. and the design of your blogs are just so soothing. ok ok...enough said! i have a tendency to get carried away...

take care!